Young-Conkey Clan

Friday, September 19, 2008

Birthday and band

Andrew is now an adult. Well, by some standards I suppose. He made it to the ripe old age of eighteen anyways! He had the bad luck of a birthday on marching band night - practice until 8:30. So, we didn't do much that day. (However I did take two sheetcakes down to the band rehearsal much to many teen's delight). Spread it out over several other days instead!

I saw something in the Labor Day telethon (you know, Jerry Lewis and all?) that I knew Andrew would love. They were doing auctions to raise funds for the MDA and I thought what the heck. I actually won the highest bid! So, Andrew was very excited to get the signed guitar from one of his favorite bands that had been played and smashed in a concert. (Three Days Grace if anyone is interested in the name of the band!) I know, how exciting is a broken guitar? Well, if it was touched by your favorite band and played by them, apparantly pretty exciting!



Tonight we went to their first home football game. The team didn't play anything worth mentioning, but the band was good! :) They have to have their hair up and under their hats, which is understandable. I guess Andrew's was too long so they made him put it up. This one might have to go in the yearbook!


Andrew is playing the BIG bass drum and of course Amanda is playing the BIG tuba. Oh, and while in the stands Amanda decided to play the kick off with one of the guy's trombones. She was actually good! Wayne, you would have been proud.


That's all for now!
~T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home