Young-Conkey Clan

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back again!

I am going to have to apply for dual citizenship soon, I swear . . . Yep, I'm back in London. Flew out of Boston with the first hurricane watch on the Northern US East Coast in 17 years into a beautiful day in England. Got to see Ireland and Western England from the plane. Can you say GREEN??? Yes, it is really, really green

When I am in London I am often here at the expense of the customer and they decide which hotels I stay in. This customer put me in a very nice old hotel. They bring me fresh tea and biscuits (cookies!) every day - how cool is that??


Yes my typical walk and eat pattern has returned. I took a very long walk home today from class and took some photos to share. This is the corner where my training site is. I looked up at the sign and laughed. Yes, I am on the corner of Fleet Street. No, I didn't see any barber shops. (For those who have no idea what I am talking about, you must not be Broadway fans! Sweeney Todd!)

Stopped in Cornwall square for a pork and apple pasty - yum! My hotel is in the financial and theatre district so there are London shows everywhere. Not to mention restaurants and shopping. Good thing Amanda is not with me or I would be completely broke this week. I took photos for her to see some of the places she could someday perform. You can all look too though. Might want a photo of the theatre she plays in someday! :) Here are a few:

The Cambridge Theatre:

The Lyceum Theatre:

Palace Theatre:

Savoy Theatre:

I will be going home on Friday only to turn around and come back to London for two weeks again in October and another week in November. That is all that I know of so far. The good news is all of this travel has racked up the airline miles so I am bringing Paul with me for his birthday in October. How is that for a birthday gift? Yes, I am the best girlfriend ever. (Go ahead Paul, you can confirm that!)

~Cheers!

3 Comments:

  • It's confirmed. Trish is, without a doubt, the best girlfriend ever, bar none.

    But she didn't have to take me to London to be the best. She already was.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:13 PM  

  • First of all Paul's comment is cheesy...=P...second of all I can't wait to perform in one of those theatres and third of all...u may be a superb girlfriend but u lost points with the daughter...I should get to go to London before him! I've known you longer! =D I love you and miss you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:06 PM  

  • As I read the only thing that ran through my head was a song by Bon Jovi. Know which one yet?

    "Shot through the heart" lyrics now by Amanda C.

    By Blogger BS Family, At 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home