Young-Conkey Clan

Monday, March 24, 2008

Rye

So today (Monday) we went to this great historic town called Rye. Cobblestone streets and all . . . It snowed and was cold again - they claim it is the first snow in over a year. Lucky me . . . For lunch today I had a Coronation Chicken Sandwich (Chicken cubed with a curry sauce and apricots. Very good!). I love English tea and biscuits . . . have I mentioned that yet?

This was overlooking the valley from the hill:
Very narrow streets - and yes, cars did drive on these - tough to walk on with those cobblestones: Ypres tower:

The chapel in Rye:


Doves flew around the grounds and nested in the eaves and boxes - beautiful cooing:
Neat thatch roofs:

Tudor in town square:
On the way home we spotted the Long Man of Wilmington - ancient drawing in the hillside where the chalk shows through. Much debate on who/when made this archaic drawing and why:

And that ends my journey of fun - time to work tomorrow. I have 8 customers I will be training the next four days - time to earn the bucks.

Oh, great news from the East Coast today - Andrew passed his license exam this morning and is now an official driver - glad I'm a continent away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home