Catching up!
Yep, as usual the time flies and I get more behind . . . what's new!?
Kids and I took a quick last-minutes summer break before school started and went up to New Hampshire for a few days. Was really nice to just kick back and relax. We went golfing (well, I golfed - they became artillery to the other players and drove a golf cart around!), rode up the mountain on a ski lift without the snow, hiked in an area where there were lots of caves, and watched a couple of outdoor Shakespeare productions.



Then, it was back to 'normal' life and school! Kids had a great first month and have crazy schedules as always. Both are doing marching band and have competitions every weekend. Andrew elected not to do cross country this year as it was too much to juggle everything, but is instead spending some focus time on earning that black belt in karate. He is getting closer!
Mandy has been busy with her theatre/acting conservatory work and has a couple of things that she is pretty excited about. She got into her first high school play, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. She is the mother. I thought that was funny. She also got into a vocal jazz combo called JIVE. She auditioned last year but didn't get in. Very excited to be accepted this year!
Me? Good lord . . . I just drive taxi until Andrew gets that license. Work has been incredibly busy, but good. I went down to Atlanta a few days ago and got to have lunch with my Uncle and Aunt Riley on my Mom's side. That was neat to see them. I have to go conduct a training in Dallas in a few weeks too. No rest for me!
Hope all is well with all of you!
~Trish n kids
Kids and I took a quick last-minutes summer break before school started and went up to New Hampshire for a few days. Was really nice to just kick back and relax. We went golfing (well, I golfed - they became artillery to the other players and drove a golf cart around!), rode up the mountain on a ski lift without the snow, hiked in an area where there were lots of caves, and watched a couple of outdoor Shakespeare productions.



Then, it was back to 'normal' life and school! Kids had a great first month and have crazy schedules as always. Both are doing marching band and have competitions every weekend. Andrew elected not to do cross country this year as it was too much to juggle everything, but is instead spending some focus time on earning that black belt in karate. He is getting closer!
Mandy has been busy with her theatre/acting conservatory work and has a couple of things that she is pretty excited about. She got into her first high school play, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. She is the mother. I thought that was funny. She also got into a vocal jazz combo called JIVE. She auditioned last year but didn't get in. Very excited to be accepted this year!
Me? Good lord . . . I just drive taxi until Andrew gets that license. Work has been incredibly busy, but good. I went down to Atlanta a few days ago and got to have lunch with my Uncle and Aunt Riley on my Mom's side. That was neat to see them. I have to go conduct a training in Dallas in a few weeks too. No rest for me!
Hope all is well with all of you!
~Trish n kids



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home