This one is all about me . . .
I made an incredibly tough decision a few weeks ago to make a career change. After 6 1/2 amazing years with Frito Lay, I'm taking a new direction. After speaking with a recruiter I became intrigued about a position with a company called Sterling Commerce, an affiliate of AT&T. They have several products and services, but the area that most interested me was their Warehouse Management and Order Fulfillment services for companies that need the architecture and software to manage their businesses. Specifically they were looking for a corporate trainer and project manager for some e-learning packages. This will work well with my background in teaching for the University of Phoenix online.
My passion in Frito the last few years has been a combination of working with the people in a development capacity as well as trying to figure out how to solve system issues that kept us from being efficient. This was a chance to marry these into a role that focuses on that while doing some consulting as well. SO, long story short, yesterday was my last day with Frito Lay. I ended my career on a high note with a zone that will likely win the zone of the year - I feel like I was part of leading a legacy that will do well even after I'm gone. I will miss everyone immensely but they have been supportive in my transition even though they did work very hard to convince me not to go. I did get a chance to go on a pretty fun offsite the week before I left with all of my peers, so I got a chance to say goodbye to several that live far enough away I might not have had the chance. Here is me in the limo!
Monday I start as the Senior Education Instructor for Sterling. If you are interested in learning more about the company, you can check them out at http://www.sterlingcommerce.com/. I am excited to get started - I will have some travel with this as I need to go to the trade shows and customer training sites, but the majority of my training will be at the center in Lowell, Mass. About an hour from the house. I also need to get that passport as I will have a trip to London early next year and potentially Brazil. Bummer . . . . ;o)
~T

1 Comments:
Hey Trish,
Wow! What great news! You always amaze me. I wish I had your ambition. I guess it helps if you really love the job you have. Good luck in your new postion though you won't need it. You'll be dazzling them from the start. Miss you guys. Kids and Randy are doing fine. Sarah's enjoying the college life and Kyle would rather just hang out with his buds than go to school but he's doing fine. He has his license now so I am free from being the taxi driver.
Take care and say hi to the kids.
Love,
Aunt Julie
By
Hale Household, At
5:16 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home